Don't dream it, be it!

 Okay... So today we have to talk about a movie, and you know what? I think it's the perfect topic and I choose one of my favorites specially considering that we are currently in October, the spooky month of the year and some of us have the tradition to do marathon of movies with friends/ family or just alone. This year due to Covid-19 I couldn't do a reunion with my friends to watch movies but we do zoom meetings every week to watch movies and that makes me feel better about the global pandemic.

You can't imagine how entertaining is to watch this movie for me again and again even when I'm not a person who watches movies more than once, but this one is just... perfect. I'm talking bout' The Rocky Horror Picture Show, ugh i loveeeee it <3. It's a musical and comedy that makes me laugh every time and the thing that I enjoy the most is that the movie was made in 1976 and it shows to the world sexual freedom, it's transgressive. Also the costumes are so on point with the scenes, from funny to sexual, to bloody, to bizarre. Oh let me tell you about the music, the songs are everything and I know the lyrics of all the soundtrack. Also the colors palette I think is perfectly made, I literally can't believe this movie was made in that year, it definitively was ahead of it's time. 



It's about a straight couple that in their honeymoon have a big problem: a storm, so they decide to go into the nearest place where they can grab a telephone, and as in a good spooky movie, it's a castle. For their surprise there is a crazy transvestite doctor that leads the place and makes them fall into sexual confusion, while the biggest experiment ever created is taking live, a stereotipically sexy boy, created for the pleasure of the doctor. Things in the way get bizarre with crazy dance scenes, blood, sex and glitter.

My favorite scene is one of the final ones (spoiler alert) where everyone is dressed with sexy lingeries but in a bizarre way haha, woman, straight men and obviously the principal character (Dr. Frank-N-Furter, a transvestite) and they fall into a pool, swimming and touching each other while the glitter heels float in the water as the lyric "don't dream it, be it" from the song "Rose Tint My World" is playing on the background, that scene for me is a 10 out of a 10. It's a pleasure to watch.



To finish, obviously I think that everyone should watch it, c'mon, it's a cult classic! specially for the LGBT community<3 I watched for the first time as a teenager and it made me feel like I can be as free as the characters shown us in the 70's.



Comentarios

  1. I've never seen this movie before, but sound really interesting, I will put on my list!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. YASSSS ! A piece of art , i see everytime that i cant , i love the musicals and have the soundtrack on my phone , you see the Hedwig and the angry inch????

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares